Hi folks! I’m working on getting nightly builds of Kicad for OS X made automatically. I’ve finally made some progress, so I have a build I want tested a little bit. Right now, I mostly want to know if the programs open on a variety of systems, and if the Python integration works in pcbnew.
Please don’t use these builds to make boards. Good builds will be coming soon, if this testing goes ok!
If you’re interested, please download https://www.dropbox.com/s/1t1vwiwvqb6wh1h/kicad-r4730.20140303-155100.dmg. It’s about 215 megabytes.
- Open up the Kicad directory. Open each of the programs inside of the directory, one at a time, and close it. Let me know if there are any obvious issues. For example, opening kiway_test will probably cause an error message.
- Open up the Kicad application.
- In the Kicad application, click the eeschema button. Verify it opens eeschema. Close eeschema.
- In the Kicad application, click the cvpcb button. Verify it opens cvpcb. Close cvpcb.
- In the Kicad application, click the pcbnew button. Verify it opens pcbnew.
- In pcbnew, go to Tools -> Scripting Console. In the scripting console, type:
print “hello world”
and press enter. Copy and paste the entirety of the contents of the scripting console into your test report. It may be missing some characters, like >>>. That’s ok.
- In the Kicad application, click the gerbview button. Verify it opens gerbview. Close gerbview.
- In the Kicad application, click the bitmap2component button. Verify it opens bitmap2component. Close bitmap2component.
- In the Kicad application, click the pcbcalculator button. Verify it opens pcbcalculator. Close pcbcalculator.
- Close Kicad.
After you have completed these steps, please go to http://discuss.wayneandlayne.com and report your findings in the Experimental Mac Build thread. (That’s here!) Remember to include the output of the command sw_vers. For example:
adams-mbp:~ wolf$ sw_vers
ProductName: Mac OS X
Test report template
Build version as reported by bottom of README:
Output of sw_vers:
Issues with Step 1:
Issues with Step 2:
Issues with Step 3:
Issues with Step 4:
Issues with Step 5:
Issues with Step 6:
Issues with Step 7:
Issues with Step 8:
Issues with Step 9:
Issues with Step 10:
Output from pcbnew’s Python console: